I've always loved Seahorses as I find them endlessly fascinating, but watching Sir David Attenborough’s 'The Blue Planet' documentary got me even more hooked on these little sea creatures, and I've had a wonderful few months really studying them in order to sculpt them accurately and capture their charm and beauty.
Here's my top 5 facts about seahorses that make them super special:
1. Seahorses are feminists - the male gives birth and looks after the young whilst the female hunts for food.
2. They 'growl' when they're stressed. Same.
3. They’re seriously adaptive, seahorses can change colour very quickly to match any surrounding it finds itself in.
4. Seahorses mate for life - just the kind of commitment we're looking for!
5. They make it against all odds, less than one in a thousand will survive long enough to become an adult
The hoops and necklace are available in recycled silver or 18ct gold vermeilI, and the necklace is set with an ethically sourced London-Blue Topaz, rose cut to show off its beautiful colour - truly looks like the heart of the ocean.
I hope you have as much joy wearing my new seahorse pieces as I did creating and making them for you